|Published||September 8, 2022|
|Location||Washington, Dist. Columbia|
Washington, DC (901 E)
Principal Associate, Salesforce Trainer and Specialist, Program Coordination and Services (Hybrid)
Program Coordination and Services Overview
The principal associate is part of Pew's program coordination and services (PCS) portfolio, which supports program-wide efforts for the department's 50-plus projects to make Pew's work more efficient and effective. The team partners with operations units to strengthen personnel management and reporting structures, refine program's management of budgets, grants, and contracts, and implement efficient processes to guide Pew's work as the organization continues to evolve. PCS oversees key cross-cutting program functions and draws on best practices from across program and advises program's leadership on ways to foster greater collaboration and synergies across the five other portfolios and apply standards and procedures in a consistent manner.
The Principal Associate, Salesforce Trainer and Specialist is responsible for implementing a strategy for institution-wide Salesforce adoption and training for institution-wide adoption and training for Pew's use of Salesforce as a constituent relationship management (CRM) and grants management system . This role is responsible for Salesforce training and providing specialized support to departments and programs on how to use Salesforce effectively. The Principal Associate will work closely with the Salesforce team in IT, and other departments as needed.
The Principal Associate reports to the Senior Officer, Program Coordination and Services and is and is based in Washington, DC. This position is eligible for 60% telework.
- Foster a work environment that is inclusive, equitable, diverse, and in line with Pew and the department's related goals.
- Training & Adoption (80%)
- Design and implement a robust Salesforce Training program across departments that includes Pew-specific use cases for both Salesforce and Grants Management.
- Conduct in-person and virtual training sessions and revise/update training based on new features and changes to Salesforce.
- Develop and launch an adoption strategy by becoming an expert on program areas that successfully use Salesforce and translating those for a broader audience.
- Manage and create Salesforce in app guidance, job aids and how to videos.
- Support Salesforce users by responding to questions, highlighting best practices and connecting users to other relevant resources.
- Data Quality (10%)
- Stand up and manage the establishment of a data quality committee and the development of data quality guidelines.
- Create and manage Salesforce reports and dashboards, to support data-driven decision-making efforts and audit and monitor data quality.
- Develop and train users on best practices for Salesforce data quality, data retention and clean-up to maintain highest quality of data integrity, hygiene, and accuracy.
- Salesforce Operations (10%)
- Champaign and enforce consistent usage of Salesforce across teams.
- Streamline existing processes in Salesforce, support onboarding new users or teams to those existing processes, and identify new processes that may be a good fit for Salesforce.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience is required.
- A minimum of 6 years of relevant experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience as an end user expert of a technical platform including experience working with IT teams to update system functionality, assisting or training users either formally or informally and participating or leading adoption efforts.
- Experience working with stakeholders to solve complex business process problems and evaluate options based on relevant information, experience, and knowledge.
- Can work effectively with colleagues and leverage a variety of technical systems to advance complex projects to successful completion with measurable results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills: must be able to develop and propose solutions in a clear, concise, well-organized manner.
- Ability to develop and move projects forward with a high degree of independence and autonomy.
Key attributes and preferred experience
- Salesforce experience as an end user or administrator preferred.
- Experience as a formal trainer preferred.
- Ability to develop and manage productive and collaborative relationships.
- Diplomatic skills with the ability to work productively with a wide array of people.
- Ability to set short- and long-term planning goals in line with program strategies.
Occasional travel required between Pew's main Philadelphia and Washington, DC offices, and smaller remote offices.
We offer a competitive salary and benefit program, including: comprehensive, affordable health care through medical, dental, and vision coverage; financial security with life and disability insurance; opportunities to save using health savings and flexible spending accounts; retirement benefits to help prepare for the future; and work/life benefits to maintain a good balance.
The Pew Charitable Trusts is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Pew considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, sex, ethnicity, religion, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or gender identity, military/veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.