|Published||September 22, 2023|
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Salesforce senior-level software developer has to go above and beyond in leading and contributing to development projects, while also practicing superb collaboration and communication skills.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Experience architecting Salesforce.com solutions from the ground up
- Design, develop, test, document, and deploy high quality business solutions on the SFDC platform based on industry best practices as well as business needs
- Oversees and leads design/coding sessions, develops solutions, and implements solutions.
- Articulates Salesforce.com application design and resolves technical/design conflicts as they occur.
- Expertise in implementations covering Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Force.com, Chatter & App-exchange applications
- Expertise in Salesforce core languages: Apex (language, triggers, classes, web services); Visualforce (pages and components); Lightning components and SOQL
- SFDC Experience working in Visualforce, Lightning/Communities, APEX coding, Process Builder, Triggers, Workflows, Flows, CSS, HTML, Templates, Custom coding and Web Services
- Experience integrating Salesforce.com with other applications via real-time, batch and sync/async
- Integration experience using both Web based technologies (Soap, Rest) and Integration/Middleware tools such as MuleSoft, Webmethods etc.
- Mentors and fosters growth of peers and team members
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Will coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on highly complicated systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Computer Science, MIS, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Ten (10) years of previous experience required (in addition to education requirement). Including four (4) years of salesforce application development
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
Technically advanced knowledge or in-depth skills in one or more of the following is required:
- Experience developing for Salesforce Communities and Lightning App Builder
- Hands-on experience on Visual Studio Code IDE, GitHub, Jira
- Experience with Agile methodology project organization (Scrum)
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is an office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click Apply.
WM (WM.com) is North America's largest comprehensive waste management environmental solutions provider. Previously known as Waste Management and based in Houston, Texas, WM is driven by commitments to put people first and achieve success with integrity. The company, through its subsidiaries, provides collection, recycling and disposal services to millions of residential, commercial, industrial and municipal customers throughout the U.S. and Canada. With innovative infrastructure and capabilities in recycling, organics and renewable energy, WM provides environmental solutions to and collaborates with its customers in helping them achieve their sustainability goals. WM has the largest disposal network and collection fleet in North America, is the largest recycler of post-consumer materials and is the leader in beneficial reuse of landfill gas, with a growing network of renewable natural gas plants and the most gas-to-electricity plants in North America. WM's fleet includes nearly 11,000 natural gas trucks - the largest heavy-duty natural gas truck fleet of its kind in North America - where more than half are fueled by renewable natural gas. To learn more about WM and the company's sustainability progress and solutions, visit Sustainability.WM.com.
About the Team
What is the value of a WM job? At WM we know that the value of a WM job is more than a paycheck. It's a way to create opportunities for you and your family. This is why we are constantly working to make WM a great place to work and grow a career. We Are WM is what defines the perks of being in the WM family - from benefits, to resources and engagement activities.
We are People First. We are Committed to Your Growth. We Are Investing in You. We are a Family. We are Stable. We are Always Working for a Sustainable Tomorrow.