Principal Salesforce Engineer/Architect (CRM)
|Published||March 21, 2023|
At Cars.com, we help shoppers meet their perfect car match, and people find their perfect career match. As one of the top places to work in Chicago, according to The Chicago Tribune, Built-In Chicago and others, we pride ourselves on a culture of growth and innovation.
Cars.com has revolutionized the automotive industry for both shoppers and sellers through technology and solutions for buyers and sellers alike. We never shy away from a challenge, move fast, collaborate across functions to approach problems from every angle. We've built a culture that's second-to-none and share core values that keep everyone working full-speed at the same goals with the same open, outcome-driven and bold attitudes.
Cars.com is a CARS brand. CARS includes the following brands: Cars.com, Dealer Inspire, DealerRater, FUEL, CreditIQ & Accu-Trade. Learn more here !
Principal Salesforce Engineer (CRM)
Employment Type: Full time
Reports to: Director, Software Engineering (CRM)
The Principal, Salesforce Engineering (CRM) role is responsible for guiding the direction and approach for architecture within the CARS, Inc Salesforce environment. The ideal candidate is positive, solution-oriented, understands Salesforce features, functions, focussed on data governance, process and best practices.
The ideal candidate will be viewed as a leader, influencer and must possess very strong communication skills. The person works closely with CRM leadership and various business stakeholders across departments throughout CARS, Inc.
- Developing a technical vision and roadmap to match overall company strategy and vision.
- Guiding the direction, quality, and approach for architecture of Salesforce across CARS Inc. with clear deliverables like architecture diagrams and documentation.
- Leading organizational wide initiatives and continuously partnering with business and technology leaders to address complex problems.
- Act as a liaison between senior leadership and the business and technology organization
- Be able to educate the tech organization to understand Salesforce capabilities and integration points.
- Partnering with the Manager of CRM development and Manager, CRM Administration and business partners to keep our Salesforce instance running smoothly as CARS, Inc. continues to grow and scale
- Demonstrating a fundamental understanding of how users interact with Salesforce and the best ways to enable their success
- Mentoring and coaching for Salesforce engineers on design and development best practices.
- Review the existing systems landscape and provide guidance on optimization and automation
- Design and develop secure, scalable technical solutions on Salesforce, which includes products such as Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, CPQ & BIlling, Experience Communities, and 3rd Party App Exchange Products
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ years of established leadership experience in Salesforce delivery
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, multi-task, prioritize multiple projects, and be a proactive problem solver
- Able to lead and drive complex operational initiatives and can demonstrate an ability to create clarity for their team
- Track record of Salesforce.com experience as a developer with extensive knowledge of Sales Cloud, Apex, VisualForce, LWC, and Force.com tools and applications, preferably in an instance with 500+ end-users
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to summarize complex system functionality for the business user
- Experience in designing, configuring, and developing on the Salesforce platform with extensive knowledge of building scalable, secure, and reusable solutions
- A deep understanding of Salesforce Architecture, Limits, Security, and out-of-the-box automation tools of the platform
- Knowledgeable about Apex, Visualforce, Salesforce APIs, and web services
- Excellent understanding of Salesforce design and customization best practices
- Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Embraces new technology, applications, and solutions
- Salesforce Architecture Certification
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Service Cloud Voice, MuleSoft integration, Sales Enablement, Pardot, and Communities is a plus
- Experience with custom integrations, 3 rd party tools (installed packages), Revenue Applications such as Rev Pro, and vendor projects
- Experience with Salesforce org consolidation and data migration is a big plus
- College degree preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.