|Published||June 18, 2022|
|Location||Chevy Chase, MD|
IF INTERESTED REACH OUT DIRECTLY TO [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] OR TEXT/CALL #301-252-8762
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT CANDIDATES
100% REMOTE *candidates can live anywhere in the US*
Per Federal Government- US Citizenship required
Seeking a Principal Salesforce Software Engineer who will lead major programs of highly technical complexity and will direct and monitor the work of team members. While this is not a management position, you will be a peer leader, coach, and mentor to others.
You will report to the Director of Application Delivery and will be responsible for system analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation within our Salesforce CRM ecosystem. You'll also be working with complimentary software/integrations including but not limited to .Net, MuleSoft, Azure Cloud, Snowflake, Tableau CRM, and Power BI.
- Serve as the technical leader for the team in determining the best approach to a requirement.
- Translates business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platforms and products.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality.
- Provide hands-on, expert-level technical assistance to developers.
- Follow and understand new Salesforce products and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions.
- Coach and mentor junior technical and functional team members.
- Lead project meetings with IT and business stakeholders.
- Participate in process flow analysis and process redesign along with Enterprise Architects.
- Collaborate with a team of Salesforce Architects, Developers, and Engineers to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Understanding that features need to be built with the entire system in mind and can think ahead and outside the box of what the completed system will look like to ensure a complete end-to-end workflow.
- Configure and maintain Salesforce instances via declarative tools, including workflows, process builders, reports, dashboards, etc.
- Comfortable training junior developers on Salesforce and newly built features.
- Provide current best practice and third-party solution alternatives from the AppExchange.
Desired Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
- 15+ years of experience in software development, leading technical teams.
- Minimum of 8+ years of Salesforce experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Insurance industry trends, products, services, policies, and procedures.
- Technical certifications for Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Service Cloud, Sales Cloud, or MuleSoft.
- Detailed understanding of the Salesforce Classic, Salesforce Lightning, and Salesforce Sandbox Enterprise development environments.
- Proficient with AppExchange and commonly used Salesforce Apps.
- Experience with Azure DevOps or other project management tools.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Salesforce.com sales cloud development environment including but not limited to items such as custom objects, declarative functionality, workflows, triggers, Visual Force, migration tools, and SOQL.
- Must provide solutions that are highly scalable, extensible, and easy to maintain while keeping the overall end-user experience in mind.
- Must demonstrate a strong understanding of data architecture best practices.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to troubleshoot complex technical issues.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to design solutions based on functional requirements.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and juggle multiple projects.