|Date Posted||September 11, 2021|
Specialty/Competency: IFS – Information Technology (IT)
Industry/Sector: Not Applicable
Time Type: Full time
Government Clearance Required: No
Available for Work Sponsorship: No
Travel Requirements: Up to 20%
A career in Information Technology, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to support our core business functions by deploying applications that enable our people to work more efficiently and deliver the highest levels of service to our clients. You’ll focus on managing the design and implementation of technology infrastructure within PwC, developing and enhancing both client and internal facing applications within PwC, and providing technology tools that help create a competitive advantage for the Firm to drive strategic business growth.
Our System Architecture team helps build customisable specific system solutions that enhance PwC’s system capabilities to appropriately serve all client needs. As part of the team, you’ll use enterprise architecture across application areas to build delivery models that map PwC capabilities to business needs outlined by clients.
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be a purpose-led and values-driven leader at every level. To help us achieve this we have the PwC Professional; our global leadership development framework. It gives us a single set of expectations across our lines, geographies and career paths, and provides transparency on the skills we need as individuals to be successful and progress in our careers, now and in the future.
As a Senior Manager, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
- Encourage everyone to have a voice and invite opinion from all, including quieter members of the team.
- Deal effectively with ambiguous and unstructured problems and situations.
- Initiate open and candid coaching conversations at all levels.
- Move easily between big picture thinking and managing relevant detail.
- Anticipate stakeholder needs, and develop and discuss potential solutions, even before the stakeholder realises they are required.
- Contribute technical knowledge in area of specialism.
- Contribute to an environment where people and technology thrive together to accomplish more than they could apart.
- Navigate the complexities of cross-border and/or diverse teams and engagements.
- Initiate and lead open conversations with teams, clients and stakeholders to build trust.
- Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct.
Job Requirements and Preferences:
Minimum Degree Required:
High School Diploma
Minimum Years of Experience:
6 year(s) of experience serving as a solution architect on Salesforce technologies.
Preferred Fields of Study:
Information Technology, Computer Systems Analysis, Management Information Systems, Computer Applications, Computer Engineering, Computer Programming
Salesforce Certified Application Architect
Salesforce Certified System Architect
Any additional Advanced, Designer, Developer, Architect & Consultant Certifications are a plus
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in understanding business problems and developing Salesforce technology-enabled solutions that address the needs of large organizations, including the following areas:
- Exhibiting experience working with Salesforce customizations using Lightning Platform, Custom Apex, Lightning Components, or Lightning Web Components;
- Utilizing experience working in multiple Salesforce orgs and large global projects with thousands of users;
- Understanding all phases of applications systems analysis and SDLC development methodologies including Agile, Scrum, iterative, and waterfall, using blended resources;
- Effectively working and communicating with Business/Technical Analysts and other Architects on requirements, implementation approaches, solutions, and standards;
- Demonstrating ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce end users across Sales, Service, Marketing, IT, and Operations, including core technologies and processes, and all upstream and downstream connected applications and integrations;
- Adapting rapidly to changes and understanding the severity and impact of these changes in order to support and use future technology;
- Assessing new technologies, concepts and business models, while demonstrating a history of staying current in emerging technology trends to meet business goals; and,
- Advising and influencing leaders on trends that could potentially affect the success of a function or business area.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success in performing functional and technical capabilities including the following areas:
- Understanding of Salesforce architectural design and application delivery best practices and custom development architecture patterns;
- Utilizing Salesforce Custom Development & Solution Architecture experience while implementing custom Apex, trigger frameworks, Lightning Components, Lightning Web Components, Platform Events, Shield Encryption, and Event Monitoring;
- Effectively utilizing Salesforce Technological Product Suites (Data Loader, Workbench, IDE tools like Visual Studio Code, Eclipse, etc.);
- Creating and demoing working proofs of concept for business requirements using the Salesforce platform;
- Understanding third party integration and functionality and impact of these integrations, and ability to document and diagram an end-to-end process;
- Collaborating with multidisciplinary teams in resolving complex technical issues, and adhering to applicable application technology guidelines and data privacy;
- Utilizing Design Styles, Patterns and Methodologies ( MVC, SOA, Microservice, SPA, MVC/MVP, Event-driven Architecture);
- Orchestrating Microservices to create business APIs and REST API design and creation;
- Supporting technology and the business to align cloud standards, and maintaining the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables for cloud technology; and,
- Providing technical recommendations to senior leaders to assist the decisions on proposed solutions.
Demonstrates intimate abilities and/or a proven record of success as a team leader:
- Providing coaching, technical mentoring, guidance, clarification, and feedback to team members;
- Arranging and sponsoring appropriate assignments and experiences to help people realise their potential and support their long-term aspirations;
- Maintaining quality within a diverse, fast paced environment, while collaborating effectively across teams and multiple projects and initiatives in different phases simultaneously;
- Building trusting and influential relationships and engaging with vendors and third parties as appropriate; and,
- Promoting a culture of innovation by continuously seeking opportunities for improvement within role, processes, team and the IT organisation as a whole.
For positions in Colorado, visit the following link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act: https://pwc.to/coloradoifsseniormanager.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at PwC without regard to race; creed; color; religion; national origin; sex; age; disability; sexual orientation; gender identity or expression; genetic predisposition or carrier status; veteran, marital, or citizenship status; or any other status protected by law. PwC is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer.
For positions based in San Francisco, consideration of qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records will be in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.