|Date Posted||September 13, 2020|
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238
CarMax, the way your career should be!
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide. Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
About this job
The Salesforce Administrator is responsible for tasks ranging from helping users develop reports and reset passwords to maintaining data quality, troubleshooting, liaising with the Developers on our Product Teams, and running and maintaining backups. This position reports to a Manager or Sr. Manager on the Salesforce Platform Team.
What you will do – Essential Responsibilities
- Serve as a system administrator for a Salesforce.com environment with 8K+ users
- Handle all basic administrative functions including user account maintenance, reports and dashboards, workflows and other routine tasks
- Complete regular internal system audits and prepare for upgrades
- Manage Salesforce.com data feeds and other integrations
- Coordinate the evaluation, scope and completion of new development requests.
- Work independently with members of the user community to define and document development requirements
- Maintain Sandbox refreshes and data seeding
Purpose of the role
The Salesforce Administrator will lead the ongoing development of the Salesforce.com deployment. The Administrator will work closely with functional leaders, stakeholders and subject matter experts to identify develop and deploy new business processes. The Salesforce Administrator will be responsible for executing on the day-to-day configuration, support, maintenance and improvement of our CRM platform, and identifying “clicks not code” solutions.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Creative and analytical thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs
- Ability to assess the impact of new requirements on Salesforce.com and all upstream and downstream applications, systems and processes
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption.
- Strong understanding of the platform, with the ability to build custom apps and objects, formula fields, workflows, custom views, and other content of intermediate complexity
- Manage Salesforce security including roles, profiles, sharing rules, workflows and groups.
- Maintain and customize Sales Cloud and Service Cloud applications
- Manage operational requests and reporting including customer analysis and individual views, and troubleshoot issues
- Evaluate new releases of Salesforce to determine functionality requirements and provide detailed information on how changes will apply to all affected departments/users
- Participate in the preparation of the Salesforce Tri-Annual releases, ensuring all users and applications are ready and validated prior to the release date.
- Analyze and evangelize Salesforce Critical updates and work with Product Teams to verify impact, application remediation and readiness to activate in QA and Production.
- Support our Product Teams – including Release Managers, Product Owners, Developers and Quality Engineers
- Strong understanding of Salesforce.com best practices and functionality
- Strong data management abilities
- A demonstrated ability to understand and articulate complex requirements
- Ability to deliver Salesforce Lightning solutions
Process Creation, Documentation and Maintenance
- Document company processes and workflows
- Develop process documentation and field maps
- Create new processes and associated reporting
Report and Dashboard Creation and Maintenance
- Create and maintain dashboards
- Create and maintain reports including folder maintenance
- Familiar with Einstein Analytics
- Develop complex, macro driven reports to summarize system information
- Build and manage report folders for reps to improve sales efficiency
- 4 year degree required
- Preferred Certifications: Saleforce.com ADX or Salesforce Administrator
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.