|March 19, 2023
Slalom is a purpose-led, global business and technology consulting company. From strategy to implementation, our approach is fiercely human. In eight countries and 45 markets, we deeply understand our customers-and their customers-to deliver practical, end-to-end solutions that drive meaningful impact. Backed by close partnerships with over 400 leading technology providers, our 13,000+ strong team helps people and organizations dream bigger, move faster, and build better tomorrows for all. We're honored to be consistently recognized as a great place to work, including being one of Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For seven years running. Learn more at slalom.com.
In our Salesforce business, we help our clients bring the most impactful customer experiences to life and we do that in a way that makes our clients the hero of their transformation story. We are passionate about and dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive team, recognizing that diverse team members are celebrated for bringing their authentic selves to work and are empowered to build solutions that reach more diverse populations in innovative and impactful ways. Our team is comprised of customer strategy experts, Salesforce-certified experts across all Salesforce capabilities, industry experts, organizational and cultural change consultants, and project delivery leaders. As the 3rd largest Salesforce partner globally and in North America, we are committed to growing and developing our Salesforce talent, offering continued growth opportunities, and exposing our people to meaningful work that aligns to their personal and professional goals.
Job Title: Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2B Technical Architect
As the Salesforce Commerce Cloud B2B Technical Architect, you will play a critical role in leading client engagements for our Slalom clients. You will work with your project team to provide high quality solutions that meet the client's needs in the implementation, enhancement, and support of their ecommerce platform. You should have knowledge of Commerce Business to Business (B2B) from an architecture/industry perspective, and you should have strong practical knowledge of the Salesforce Core Platform and B2B product(s) (including configuration and data model best practices).
This role is also positioned as a leadership role within the Salesforce B2B Commerce Team, and you will be an important part of shaping the future of the way we work through your participation in and leadership of internal initiatives.
- You will be responsible for creating technical specifications around the code / configuration for projects you are assigned to.
- You will provide guidance and oversight to development teams to ensure that architectural best practices are being followed.
- You will contribute to the rest of the team and help share knowledge and work closely with 3rd party vendors and Salesforce around integration and site readiness.
- You will work closely with the client, functional architect, technical lead, and project manager to understand the business needs and objectives, using your knowledge of the commerce platforms.
- You will work together with the functional architect to lead sessions with the client which guide the creation of technical and functional specifications throughout the project lifecycle.
- You may work with the project team to assign development and configuration tasks to the developers on the team, assist in running sprint planning meetings, and participate in the project scrum meetings.
- You will be the commerce subject matter expert beyond the basic commerce developer certifications and share knowledge with the team and help mentor newer developers.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- 8+ years project experience in a hands-on technical leadership position with 3+ years of experience as a Salesforce Technical Architect
- Experience with Salesforce Development frameworks (LWC, Aura, Apex Controllers, Apex Triggers, etc.)
- Experience with clicks-not-code development (Screen Flows, Record Launched Flows, etc.)
- Experience with routine Salesforce administration (Object Model, Sharing Rules, Validation Rules, etc.)
- Experience working with code in a Source Control system (Git, SVN, etc.)
- Experience working with SFDX project structures including creating and managing scratch orgs, pulling code, and managing code conflicts
- Experience writing and troubleshooting Apex test classes
- Experience connecting to external systems via API's (REST, SOAP, etc.)
- Experience with CI/CD as well as managing Salesforce Deployments between environments in both the SFDX and traditional org model
- Experience with performing code reviews and working with developers to adhere to coding best practices as well as ensuring that all code written will be able to scale appropriately
- Experience with designing software solutions to meet requirements of business partners, resulting in detailed technical specifications that provide development team with the information required to action on requirements
- Experience managing a team of developers across multiple projects
- Experience building technical requirements against the functional requirements provided by business users and communicating that information to the development team, along with assisting in resolution of any issues that arise during development
- Experience setting up and configuring Experience Cloud sites for both public and partner implementations
- The ability to understand the overall scope of the project, complete tasks in a timely fashion and create estimates
- The ability to communicate technical solutions and issues clearly with business users to facilitate understanding of the solution and resolve any discrepancies
- The ability to work with technical resources across several different disciplines and collect requirements and required documentation to facilitate development activities
- Be willing to learn and grow with new certifications
- Demonstrated experience collaborating and communicating with a diverse set of people across groups and organizational levels
- Enthusiastic, professional, and confident team player with a strong focus on client success who can present effectively even under adverse conditions
Compensation and Benefits
Slalom prides itself on helping team members thrive in their work and life. As a result, Slalom is proud to invest in benefits that include meaningful time off and paid holidays, parental leave, 401(k) with a match, a range of choices for highly subsidized health, dental, & vision coverage, adoption and fertility assistance, and short/long-term disability. We also offer additional benefits such as a yearly $350 reimbursement account for any well-being related expenses as well as discounted home, auto, and pet insurance.
Slalom is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. Actual compensation will depend upon an individual's skills, experience, qualifications, location, and other relevant factors. The salary pay range is subject to change and may be modified at any time.
EEO and Accommodations
Slalom is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to inclusion, diversity, and equity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. Slalom will also consider qualified applications with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. Slalom welcomes and encourages applications from individuals with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available for candidates during all aspects of the selection process. Please advise the talent acquisition team if you require accommodations during the interview process.