|Date Posted||November 2, 2020|
Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI has an immediate need for a Salesforce Developer to join our financial services team in Reston, VA. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a fast-paced team environment supporting one of the largest leaders in the secondary mortgage industry. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies.
Join a fast paced team to grow your career. High aptitude, desire to grow and the right attitude are key to success in this role.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised applications or large/complex development projects.
• Create or Update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
• Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
• Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
• Serve as a technical lead for an Agile team and actively participate in all Agile ceremonies. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
• Mentor less experienced technical staff; may use high end development tools to assist or facilitate development process.
• Leverage DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote new or updated features.
• Advanced proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc).
• Advanced proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Advanced proficiency in application of analysis/ design engineering functions. Advanced proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc. Advanced proficiency in advanced behavior-driven testing techniques.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 4-6 years of related experience; Experienced with Agile practices/ methodologies (e.g. Scrum, TDD, BDD, etc).
• Experienced in the use of continuous integration tools (e.g. Jenkins, Hudson, etc) and infrastructure automation (VM Ware, Puppet, Chef, Vagrant, Docker, etc).
• Hands-on experience developing applications on the SalesForce.com platform.
• Hands-on experience developing web-based applications.
• Hands-on development experience in both Salesforce Lightning (is a MUST) and Classic versions
• Familiarity with Salesforce development IDEs such as Eclipse and VS Code
• Expert Salesforce.com administrative skills, such as creating users, profiles, roles, custom objects, custom fields, page layouts, workflow rules, validation rules, reports, dashboards, and process builder
• Ability to perform data cleanup, extraction, and mass changes using data loader
• Experience managing release/upgrade cycles for Salesforce
• Experienced in the use of any ETL integration tools (e.g. TIBCO, MuleSoft, Informatica, etc.)
• Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
• Maintain strong relationships with Product/Business teams.
• Ability to work independently and be results-driven.
• Strong working knowledge of Agile / Scrum.
• Desired skills include experience developing Visualforce pages, Apex controllers and test classes, triggers, custom Lightning components (either Aura or Lightning Web Components)
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field required
Post-graduate degree desired
PMI/Project Management Professional (PMP) certification desired
- Agile / Collaborative Method
- Salesforce Developer
- Continuous Integration
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI atwww.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at[Click Here to Email Your Resumé]. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you.Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Clickhere to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.