|Date Posted||October 4, 2021|
Position Title: Salesforce Developer
• Developing software programs per technical specifications following programming standards and procedures, performing testing, executing program modifications, and responding to problems by diagnosing and correcting errors in logic and coding.
• Ensuring secure coding and UI standards and best practices are applied during development.
• Providing input and contributes to the enhancement and maintenance of applications and programs.
• Leading efforts to configures, analyzes, designs, develops, and maintains program code and applications.
• Performing detailed and complex unit testing and secure code testing, and issues resolution.
• Driving and supporting the process for source code management.
• Contributing to integration, systems, and performance testing and tuning of code.
• Participating in peer secure code reviews.
• Defining and promoting opportunities for re-usability of code, configurations, procedures, and techniques.
• A Bachelors’ Degree is required. Degrees in computer science, computer engineering, or related fields are preferred. Master Degreed candidates are preferred.
• 5-7 years’ relevant working experience required
• Technical Skills – ServiceCloud
• Hands on experience in Salesforce.com configuration in creating the Custom Objects, Custom fields, buttons, links, Record types, Custom Formula Fields, Field Dependencies, Validation Rules, Workflows, and Approval Processes.
• Hands on experience designing and building process flows, process builders and workflows.
• Development and customizations of Salesforce.com applications using re-usable Lightning Components, lightning pages, Lightning data services, Apex classes, Apex triggers, Page Layouts, Sharing Rules, static resources and migration tools on Sales and Service Cloud including customer and partner portal development.
• Hands on experience with Web Services/SOA, & Metadata APIs
• Experience with building custom Web Services for handling inbound requests and outbound calls to external Web Services
• Experience in writing the SOQL and SOSL while practicing governance guidelines and optimal performance
• Hands on experience Implementing data Security using Access controls
• Proficient in Data Migration from Traditional Applications to Salesforce using Import Wizard and Data Loader Utility
• Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and software development tools using Agile framework and methodologies (Jira/Confluence, Visual Studio, Eclipse)
• Experienced in handling multi country roll outs and managed multiple instances of Salesforce.com
• Experience with applying best practices on Service Cloud, Field Service Lightning and Lightning platforms.
• Experience with configuring and customizing Field Service managed package is a plus.
• Platform developer1 Certifications is a must for this role.
• Solution Functional Fit Analysis - Composes and decomposes a system into its component parts using procedures, tools and work aides for the purpose of studying how well the component parts were designed, purchased and configured to interact holistically to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Solution Modeling - Creates, designs and formulates models, diagrams and documentation using Cummins IT processes, standards, tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Programming - Creates, writes and tests computer code, test scripts, and build scripts using algorithmic analysis and design, Cummins IT processes, standard and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Solution Configuration - Configures, creates and tests a solution for commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) applications using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Data Modeling - Creates, writes and tests data models, test scripts and build scripts using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Performance Tuning - Conceptualizes, analyzes and solves application, database and hardware problems using Cummins IT processes, standards and tools, version control, and build and test automation to meet business, technical, security, governance and compliance requirements.
• Solution Validation Testing - Validates a configuration item change or solution using the IT Operating Model (ITOM), including the SDLC standards, tools and metrics, to ensure that it works as designed and meets customer requirements.
• Customer focus - Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
• Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems.
• Global perspective - Taking a broad view when approaching issues, using a global lens.
• Action oriented - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
• Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Generic Salesforce.com Skills:
• Knowledge of Services oriented design principles (SOA)
• Excellent oral, presentation, and written communication skills
• Team player with good Interpersonal skills.
• ServiceCloud Certifications will be a plus for this role.
• Sales Cloud and Service Cloud experience
• Object oriented development skills (Java, .Net), SQL, RDBMS experience will be a plus
• Working knowledge on Lightning web components will be a plus
Additional information from the manager:
• This is a temp-to-hire position.
• The manager has confirmed that this hire does not need to be local to Columbus, IN to work in this role. Please note that if/when hired direct by Cummins, the hire may need to relocate to Columbus to continue in the position. This has not yet been completely confirmed, just want to make people aware this is a possibility down the road.
• This is a Monday – Friday position with core working hours being 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM EST. If a selected hire is not located in the EST time zone, they will be expected to work EST hours. Overtime may need to be worked on occasion.
• When the manager is ready to interview, he’ll be requesting Zoom interviews to be scheduled.