|Date Posted||September 6, 2021|
Salesforce Functional Consultant
Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. CGI's Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel, and one of CGI's seven onshore delivery centers. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI's Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region's economic and cultural revitalization goals. The center provides a broad range of IT and consulting services to clients throughout the U.S. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI's corporate mission, "To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of."
To support our growing Salesforce capability, our CGI Waterville Center is seeking to hire multiple business analysts, functional analysts or project managers interested in being trained as a Salesforce Administrator / Consultant. Selected candidates will go through a 12-week Salesforce boot camp upon hire. Upon completion of the boot camp, members will have earned multiple Salesforce certifications and gained experience through real-world application.
Working as a new Salesforce Functional Consultant-OnShore Delivery, you will be responsible for bridging the gap between business requirements and technology. Responsibilities include automating complex business processes, creating reports and dashboards, and training users on Salesforce. In this role, you will collaborate with our customers to provide them a competitive advantage and business value through Cloud technology.
What you will be doing:
• Work with clients to understand their business processes and strategies as it relates to Salesforce.com
• Research, evaluate, and implement existing applications and/or customized solutions for internal or client-facing projects
• Design, configure and deploy Salesforce to customers and customize modules to their specific business needs independently or with a team
• Reliably deliver Salesforce Administration solutions to clients, with minimal oversight
• Produce estimates at a component level
• Discover, document, and analyze key processes
• Build reports and dashboards, as needed, to gauge project success
• Provide training on new customizations or new implementations to customers
• May work on concurrent projects at various stages in their life cycle
• May participate on data conversions during project life cycle
• Effectively manage customer expectations and communicate status updates of projects to various stakeholders, i.e., internal CGI management, and external customers of varying levels of management
• Should have 2-5 years of business analyst, functional analyst or project management experience
• Proficient in gathering requirements and working with business owners.
• Proficient in Requirement documentation and articulating them with design, development and testing teams.
• Proficient in writing, Business Requirements Documents (BRDs), Use Cases and Modeling techniques.
• Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work with diverse personality types and understand technical issues.
• Demonstrated skills in developing training and delivering training sessions
• Independently solves new and familiar problems without introducing regressions
• Strong oral and written presentation skills
• Adaptability to work independently or in a team environment at various times
• Proven ability to learn technical concepts and translate them to the appropriate audience
• Self-directed, organized, and detail-oriented with an eye toward high quality, on time work
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical customers and good listening skills to translate in the other direction
• Strong collaboration and thought leadership skills; ability to work with teams of people of varying skill level
• Travel flexibility both local and out of state to client site approximately 10 to 20%, when needed (post pandemic)
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Sciences, Business or relevant discipline
• Experience may be considered in lieu of Degree.
Skill Set Years of Experience
2 - 5 years
or Functional 2-5 years
or Project Management 2-5 years
Agile and/or Dev Ops Experience
Your future duties and responsibilities
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.
- Communication (Oral/Written)