|Date Posted||March 29, 2021|
Equal Opportunity Employer : Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
The Program Architect would be focused on customer centric technologies such as Salesforce, telephony infrastructure, marketing automation, and communication. The program architect should have a good handle on technologies in this space like Salesforce – Sale cloud, community cloud, Service cloud, marketing cloud, telephony, IVR. We are not looking for a product expert but someone who knows these products well and has a breadth across multiple technologies – including cloud, integration, master data management, and data architecture so we develop a well-integrated enterprise solution.
II. Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Other ancillary duties may be assigned.
- Drive architecture and design for some of the customer centric initiatives like salesforce implementation – Sales cloud, service cloud, marketing cloud, community cloud, call center adoption and modernization
- Partner with business stakeholders, application development team, and operation team to create solutions across people, process, technology that meets all perspectives of the business, technical and operation needs.
- Develop a long-term strategy around CRM, customer communication, customer data management and have a short/medium term tactical focus to enable business to achieve some immediate business benefits
- Develop, govern and be an owner of technical solution at program or project level
- Create one more solution option for a business problem with a detailed pro-con/ build-vs buy analysis. Present recommendations with a detailed rational and data driven analysis
- Participate in PI/scrum planning, do requirement analysis, provide inputs to business team and technical teams to make informed decisions focused on the long-term enterprise architecture strategy, and provide architectural runway for the product teams
- Advises and recommends enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies.
- Shares best practices, lessons learned and constantly updates the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Participates in and manages Architecture Working groups for the development and maintenance of the EA.
- Perform Proof of Concept projects required to thoroughly investigate architectural possibilities and strengthen arguments for their adoption.
- Identifies implementation risks and analyses potential impact on the achievement of scheduled objectives.
- Guide development team on technology implementation, review design and code.
- Get into the code level details whenever required
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
May coach and mentor less-experienced analysts and act as team leader on systems projects.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
- Education and Experience
Education : Required Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Business, Information Systems, or similar area of study, or in lieu of degree High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 4 years of relevant experience.
Experience : Ten years of previous experience required including 4 years of architecture experience driving architecture for an enterprise or a large-scale complex program including proven success with one or more of the following enterprise-wide implementations, Salesforce, call-center modernization, IVR, etc.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- In depth understanding of architecture principles across all domains – application architecture, data architecture, cloud, and integration architecture
- Technical depth in technologies in areas of – Salesforce, IVR, Marketing automations, digital/omnichannel communications, call center technologies
- The ability to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of the organization
- Ability to remain current on technical updates and apply new knowledge to the job.
- Strong analytical skills to solve and model complex business requirements.
- Proven detailed analysis and design skills to solve and model complex design and scalability of systems
- Ability to collaborate on a cross-disciplinary team
- Must exhibit strong professionalism and be effective working with executive management
- Must be able to build consensus among stakeholders on the solution approach
- Strong understanding of enterprise architecture frameworks, processes and methodologies like TOGAF
- In depth knowledge of integration using APIs, event driven integration/platform events, REST
- Sound knowledge of DevOps tools
Advanced knowledge or skills in one or more of the following required :
- Present, communicate and articulate effectively to all levels of the organization (including technical and non-technical audiences, Senior Leadership, VPs and C-level executives).
- Architecting and designing frameworks.
- Development methodology.
- Completing design artifacts using UML.
- Project management (including ability to lead a project team) and organizational skills.
- Vendor interactions skills; Provide input to contract negotiations.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal and technical conflicts.
- Knowledge and understanding of prototyping and methods of implementation.
- Ability to provide input to business processes and translate them into technical requirements.
D. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities that Contribute to Success
V. Work Environment and Essential Functions
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. [Note : the following is defaulted for office setting position]
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is : office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.