|Date Posted||November 27, 2020|
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies with about 84,000 employees across more than 70 countries. We aim to meet the world’s growing need for more and cleaner energy solutions in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible. We have expertise in exploration, production, refining and marketing of oil and natural gas, and the manufacturing and marketing of chemicals. As a global energy company operating in a challenging world, we set high standards of performance and ethical behaviors. We are judged by how we act and how we live up to our core values of honesty, integrity and respect for people. Our Business Principles are based on these. They promote trust, openness, teamwork and professionalism, as well as pride in what we do and how we conduct business. Building on our core values, we aspire to sustain a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone feels respected and valued, from our employees to our customers and partners. A diverse workforce and an inclusive work environment are vital to our success, leading to greater innovation and better energy solutions.
What's the role?
As a result of Salesforce being positioned strategically as part of Shell application portfolio going forward, a Competency Centre (CC) has been established with the mandate to:
- deliver value to the Shell bottom line through the use of Salesforce technology,
- define & maintain architecture, delivery & operate standards, processes & tools.
- manage the commercial relationship with Salesforce.
A new role is being established as a Salesforce Software Engineer in this CC. This role will be the delivery focal for Salesforce Marketing Cloud and will be based in the Houston IT Hub. This role will report to the Salesforce CC Lead - Chemicals.
- Responsible for the technical design and delivery of products on Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Understand the requirement of a functional specification or user stories, ensure its completeness for further development
- Ability to participate in design sessions, review options and provide recommendations while communicating the benefits, risks, and constraints to both the business and IT stakeholders
- Ensure process adherence for every piece of code/configuration item
- Ensure the products delivered meets the quality goals as defined in the project charter
- Implement and institutionalize Marketing Cloud delivery standards
- Establish strong partnerships with APD, Testing, SOM and Salesforce
- Play a coaching role to several nominated Shell individuals to help them upskill on Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Understanding of various AppExchange offerings for Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Keen eye on industry trends on the adoption of SF and some of the associated technologies and propagate those with the CoE teams
What we need from you
- Must have legal authorization to work in the US on a full-time basis for anyone other than current employer
- Minimum four (4) years of experience working directly with Salesforce Marketing Cloud products
- Bachelor's Degree
- Extensive “hands on” Salesforce Marketing Cloud implementation experience including Email Studio, Social Studio, Ad Studio, Mobile Studio, Automation Studio, and equivalent services
- Working knowledge on AMPScript
- Ability to build strong collaborative partnerships with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to build a high performing IT natural teams aligned around driving greater business value
- Resilience, courage and the willingness to challenge and manage business expectations
- Strong creative skills and a willingness to learn and experiment
- Experience using Agile methodologies and ways of working
- Familiarity with Salesforce Communities, Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
- Salesforce Certified Marketing Cloud Consultant (preferred)
- Experience working directly with broad suite of Salesforce Marketing products like Pardot (preferred)
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world. The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand. Shell participates in E-Verify. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, citizenship, genetic information or other protected status under federal, state or local laws. Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.