|Published||June 20, 2022|
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
There's no better time to bring your software engineering career to the health care industry. You take pride in designing and developing solutions. And not just any solutions that are scalable and can be used in the marketplace to make an impact on the lives of millions. At Optum, you can bring your passion for innovation to an Agile environment where some of the smartest people you'll ever work with are working together to help make the health care system work better for everyone. When you join us as a Saleforce Software Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to showcase your technical expertise, be part of a large scale product development model, making historic transformation in health care and changing the way our businesses and consumers engage with technology. You will be challenged with delivering high quality software products to impact the health care industry for the better.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Contribute code, tests, automation, application design and architecture to an agile team of engineers working across the application stack and portfolio
- Collaborate with scrum teams in grooming user stories and developing acceptance criteria so that we can deliver value to our customers
- Solve technical problems to discover solutions at any level of the stack (backend, frontend, database and infrastructure)
- Communicate, learn, and share ideas across teams
- Perform code reviews, guide development team and manage deployments
- Document, Test implement and provide ongoing support for all production applications
- Provide ongoing application maintenance and administration services including periodic data cleansing, custom objects, workflow
- Provide automation of Web applications, REST API and web services
- Preform full-stack development in Java as needed to add new functionality to this framework and existing Test Automation tools
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of coding experience with Salesforce with willingness and ability to learn new ones
- 3+ years of Agile development experience and knowledge of Agile ceremonies and practices
- Experience working with at least one of the following: continuous integration / continuous delivery tools
- Experience with automated testing tools and frameworks (Selenium, Nodejs, Cucumber/Gherkin, Maven and Java Spring Boot)
- Experience with defect tracking tools (Rally, JIRA, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Experience with source control versioning systems (Git, Stash, Bitbucket)
- Knowledge in CI/CD processes and tools preferably Jenkins
- Knowledge on SF data loader and workbench
- 3+ years of experience in building application using Salesforce Classic and Lightning
- 3+ years of experience in working with Enterprise Lightning Apps combining Lightning Design System, Lightning App Builder and Lightning Component features(Aura, LWC)
- 2+ years of experience in Visual studio and Github as Code Repositories for code management, deployments and version controlling
- Development experience in Salesforce and related tools/software
- Experience working in the healthcare industry
- Ability to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $71,400 to $127,400. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.