|Published||September 22, 2023|
ISSA is looking for a high-energy, driven individual with a devotion for driving growth and productivity in organizations. The ideal candidate has a passion for and deep knowledge of Salesforce and enjoy working in a collaborative environment.
The person would have an analytical mind and the ability to act as a trusted adviser and business partner to division leaders, while working cross-functionally with sales, marketing, membership, education, accounting and all other facets of the organization. This individual must be comfortable prescribing and prioritizing processes and tools to meet business problems.
The primary objective of this position is to maintain the integrity and accuracy of Salesforce for the entire organization. The Salesforce Specialist will be responsible for data entry processes, quality assurance, customization of Salesforce and alignment of data with other software utilized by the organization.
This role will have a large focus on coaching and training staff: Holding weekly learning sessions and engaging with individuals from all divisions on a daily basis. This individual both writing and teaching SOPs, best practices and more.
To ensure success as a Salesforce Specialist, you should possess extensive knowledge of the Salesforce system, working knowledge of Fonteva and/or other AMS systems and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. The Salesforce Specialist will ensure that their Salesforce expertise translates into optimized department operations and business-growth opportunities for the association.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the Salesforce Subject Matter Expert for the organization
- Create and manage Salesforce users, profiles, roles and permissions.
- Working within Fonteva modules to ensure proper configuration and correct data flows
- Customize fields, page layouts, record types, reports and dashboards to support business objectives
- Assist in data import/export/updates and system customization.
- Lead Salesforce Quality Assurance program and set standards for data input
- Build and maintain business automation processes
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to continuously monitor and identify insights
- Troubleshoot potential issues, set priorities for addressing areas of improvement, and track progress against current goals
- Provide day-to-day end user support and assist with best practices to improve and increase knowledge of
- Create training and user documentation; maintain ongoing documentation processes (SOPs) as business needs evolve; and host timely training sessions.
- Assist with scoping and implementation of features or integrations that are not being utilized within Salesforce
- Understand and work with the IT team to improve current integrations. Example: BlueSky LMS
- Work with other departments in the organization to assist with Salesforce and data needs
- Troubleshoot Salesforce issues and escalate as needed
- Support the Education and Sales Management team including Workflows, Prospects, Sales, Invoicing and more
- Coordinate with Senior Management to ensure consistency with customized changes across the organization.
The above declarations are not intended to be an "all inclusive" list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job, and are a reasonable representation of its activities.
- A bachelor's degree (preferred)
- Reporting from relational databases
- Certification (preferred)
- Experience with Fonteva (association management software [AMS]) platform (preferred)
- 2-3 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator in a similar environment
- In-depth knowledge of best practices and functionality
- Efficient in using functionality such as: Process Builder, Data Loader, Management of Custom Apps and Objects
- Salesforce Lightning interface experience
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Knowledge of membership database programs a plus
- Proven project coordination skills
- Experience with ESP (e.g., Pardot) (preferred)
- Financial, accounting knowledge (preferred)
- Form-building experience
- Knowledge of SQL and/or SOQL
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced, results oriented environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to multitask, work independently and work efficiently under deadlines
- Possess a positive team-player attitude