Salesforce Technical Architect- EIT
|Published||March 19, 2023|
|Location||San Antonio, TX|
The Salesforce Technical Architect designs and guides the implementation of technical solutions to complex business problems, working in collaboration with a project team. Working with technical resources on or offshore, they ensure that we execute well in all phases of the implementation lifecycle. They reduce the overall project technical risk by uncovering design issues early in the project life cycle, share and ensure adherence to implementation best practices through design and code reviews, analysis of deliverables and project leadership. This is a hands-on role that requires significant technical experience with multiple Salesforce clouds (Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, CPQ, Marketing Cloud, Experience Cloud/Communities) and related ISV technologies.
This role is adept at leveraging their knowledge and experience to influence and guide teams and clients to successful outcomes. The Technical Architect directs the technical roadmap for a client and must be adept at engaging with business and technical executives to collaborate on future.
The candidate for this position is expected to model the following practices daily: 1) Demonstrate alignment with the company's mission and core business values; 2) Collaborate with key internal/external resources; 3) Participate in ongoing self- development.
- Models, promotes, reinforces, and rewards the consistent use of HOLT’s Values Based Leadership (VBL) tools, models, and processes to ensure alignment with our Vision, Values, and Mission
- Influences and motivates team members to use HOLT’s Values-Based Leadership (VBL) tools ensuring Legendary Customer Service with all services they deliver.
- Serves as the technical expert focused on Salesforce - Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud, Communities, CPQ, Commerce Cloud, and the Force.com platform.
- Works directly with clients to lead projects, participates in business process analysis sessions, develops, and delivers key components of the technology solution design.
- Designs and implements business technology solutions focused on cloud-based business applications.
- Guides various aspects of project DevOps including sandbox strategy, metadata and data migration, environment comparisons and version control.
- Provides thought leadership on improving customer operations by using Salesforce.
- Performs fit-gap analysis between customer requirements and Salesforce capabilities.
- Builds & Deploys Salesforce solutions Lead Proof of Concepts and technical solutioning.
- Directs involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration and testing.
- Engages with Enterprise Architects regarding technical architecture and details of Salesforce and integration/migration.
- Provides support in sales calls, solution presentations, and assist with sizing customer requirements.
- Develops collaterals for proposals while participating in discussion for client proposals to provide support for developing RFPs.
- Builds strong customer relationships and become a trusted advisor.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members, including offshore team members.
- Works safely always and adheres to all applicable safety policies; complies with all company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex concepts into simplified solutions in a straightforward and understandable manner.
- Outstanding meeting facilitation and leadership skills with the ability to maximize meeting time to reach objectives while minimizing distractions and interruptions.
- Driven by customer success with a roll up your sleeves, solution oriented, and team player attitude.
- Solid understanding of the key levers for B2B, B2C, hybrid business models
- Proven understanding of system integration best practices including data migrations from 3rd party systems to Salesforce
- Deep understanding of SFDC concepts and practices Able to identify the need and recommend the use of apex and Visual Force to meet a business requirement.
- Capable of developing custom solutions on the force.com platform leveraging Lightning, Apex, VisualForce and application integration patterns
- Ability to work with on-site and remote resources simultaneously.
- Desire to stay up to date on the latest Salesforce.com releases, technologies, applications, and integrations.
- Strong technical writing skills the ability to take the lead role in developing comprehensive solution design documents, application architecture, integration architecture, NFR and deployment documentation.
- A willingness to learn new tools to assist in the mastery of these skills is needed.
- A working understanding of both waterfall and scrum frameworks and an ability to transition and adapt seamlessly between the two.
- Ability to focus on business value results, rather than solutions.
- Ability to execute in a fast paced, rapid iteration environment while balancing multiple priorities Flexible enough to adjust to changes in work, technology, team,
- Demonstrates continued personal/professional development.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Associate degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of experience delivering consulting services, in client-facing roles that provided experience with all aspects of systems implementation, including 3+ years hands-on experience with Salesforce.
- Required Certifications: Admin, Platform App Builder, Platform Developer 1
- Preferred Certifications: Experience Cloud Consultant; CPQ Specialist; Sales Cloud Consultant, Service Cloud Consultant, Application Architect, System Architect
- Industrial and Construction industry experience is a plus.
- Consulting experience, particularly working on large, enterprise projects
- Must have experience in developing System Architecture Documents
Up to 20% with occasionally overnight stay