|Location||San Francisco, CA|
|Date Posted||October 11, 2021|
*About the team:*
The Business Applications team’s mission is to empower Uber’s staff to be more productive and successful through our technical solutions, service delivery and innovation. Our team supports Sales and Community Operations teams within UberEats, Uber Freight and Uber for Business. We also support Uber’s Law Enforcement Response Team improving safety of riders/drivers across the globe. Our team invests in innovation, new business line expansion and integration with external and internal systems.
*About the Job: *
As a Senior Salesforce System Engineer in the Business Applications team, you will be responsible for the overall stability and increased scale of 10+ Salesforce instances that power the Uber Eats line of business.
You will be responsible for architecting, planning and executing Salesforce projects and implementing end-to-end technology solutions on the platform. These solutions will have a significant impact on Uber's results in areas of user growth, safety and global expansion. A senior system engineer will solve extremely challenging technical problems for Uber Eats.
As a key member of our global team, you’ll join a team consisting of engineering managers, solution architects, program managers, Salesforce developers and administrators, plus other cross-functional stakeholders. We are a collaborative team powering sales, service and operations departments at Uber.
*What You’ll Do:*
* Define, prioritize, plan and execute complex and impactful Salesforce projects
* Drive progress and solve complex issues through Salesforce best practices
* Work closely with stakeholders to deliver the most effective Salesforce solutions
* Understand, communicate, and effectively manage priorities for projects and programs
* Build a structured approach to decompose a problem, seek out facts and data, and use those to structure stakeholder discussion and program proposals
* Apply Salesforce knowledge to identify deficiencies across projects, propose end-to-end solutions and guide strategic thinking
* Improve and build solutions to address architectural gaps or technical debt
* Play an active role in positively influencing project design direction
* Follow industry Standard CI/CD best practices and help oversee Release Management for all Salesforce Orgs.
* Solve business issues through Salesforce development and best practices
* Participate in story planning, standups and retrospectives
* Mentor engineers; Drive enforcement of standards, tools and methodologies
* Execute with a team of solution architects, program managers and engineers
* Produce documentation and tutorials that enable other teams
*What You’ll Need:*
* 5+ years Salesforce administration related experience.
* Experienced with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud systems
* Experienced designing and enhancing workflow rules, validation rules, approval processes, page layouts, custom objects, custom settings, SSO configuration, profiles & permission sets, reports and dashboard development
* Excellent verbal, written, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
* Excellent in process improvement, user impact, user stories and root cause analysis
* Excellent in systems implementation methodologies including waterfall and agile
* Experienced with roadmap ideation, design, consensus building and execution
* Experienced with authoring and reviewing systems and technical documentation
* Experienced with data analysis, dashboarding and data flow analysis between systems
* Passion for technology, industry research and enjoys solving business problems
* Salesforce certifications
* Familiarity with Mulesoft or other integration platform experience.