|Location||1025 Connecticut Ave. NW, Washington, DC|
|Date Posted||April 29, 2021|
This new position will serve as Third Way’s Salesforce subject matter expert and manage all aspects of the database and the organization’s data management needs. The Senior Salesforce Database Administrator and Pardot Specialist will work closely with the Development & External Affairs and Communications teams to address technical needs and oversee the buildout, maintenance, and any necessary platform upgrades. The successful applicant enjoys both the technical and non-technical aspects of the role. They will work closely with leaders to devise and execute a strategy for our CRM's data-driven management, serving as the in-house subject matter expert on Salesforce and Pardot.
As the administrator, they will be receiving new requests and advise on new initiatives, overseeing the creation of new fields and records, monitoring for data integrity, maintaining official standards of data management, and providing training and troubleshooting support across the organization. This will be a highly collaborative role, partnering with Third Way’s dynamic staff to support fundraising, external affairs, marketing and communications, finance, and reporting requirements. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, able to propose and implement solutions, identify opportunities to leverage data and insights from the policy programs, and drive the organization to think creatively on ways to expand and maximize the impact of our marketing and outreach efforts using those insights.
As the Senior Salesforce Database Administrator and Pardot Specialist, a typical day might include…
- Preparing reports to help internal teams track the current status of fundraising efforts for a new campaign, identify leads for further outreach, and assessing the success of our marketing efforts.
- Training a group of new staff on standards for consistent data entry and coaching them on utilizing the database to build reports to brief colleagues on their work and track their progress.
- Presenting a status update on implementation efforts during a team meeting.
- Proposing opportunities to improve the user experience and assist with maintenance, workflows, reports, and dashboards.
- Answering questions on the preparation of a list send in Pardot and suggesting a solution to the marketing team about modifying a user journey.
- Advising on the creation of secure user access protocols that enable staff to update the CRM accurately to allow for data-driven decision-making.
- Managing regular internal system audits and preparing for upgrades; ensuring relevant data practices strengthen organizational compliance.
- Coordinating the evaluation, scope, and completion of new development requests, improving existing applications, data migrations, and Salesforce integration.
**Please note all duties and events will be completed virtually until Third Way has established a return-to-work plan, at which point this position will be located in Washington, D.C.
This might be the job for you, if you…
- Have 3 years of experience as a Salesforce administrator, including the non-profit service pack
- Have deep knowledge of Pardot, especially in customizing forms and email templates while leveraging both HTML + CSS and the WYSIWYG editors.
- Hold a Salesforce admin certification and Pardot Specialist certification or equivalent experience
- Have a strong understanding of the Salesforce platform and functionality, including customizing, developing, and implementing system management, creating workflows, the Process Builder and Lightning Flows, and advanced formulas.
- Have comfort with writing coding solutions using Salesforce core programming languages
- Are knowledgeable about general administration best practices including managing security, keeping up with seasonal releases and new features, and understanding the capabilities and limits of the platform.
- Collaborate well with others to define and achieve technical goals.
- Have excellent customer service.
- Take pride in and ownership of your work.
- Are curious and eager for professional development.
- Think on your feet and adapt to changes effortlessly.
- Communicate clearly and effectively in writing and verbally to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Are motivated and driven by your passion for opportunity, freedom, and security.
- Are excited to contribute towards Third Way’s mission
- Want to make a difference as Third Way’s new Senior Salesforce Database Administrator and Pardot Specialist
In the Third Way Culture, we are looking for…
- Self-starters: People who see and seize opportunities, take risks, learn from failure, and will bring a sustained passion for our mission.
- Collaborators: People who work in teams—sharing ideas, brainstorming, co-authoring products, and advancing its shared priorities.
- Creators: People who fosters divergent thinking; that aren’t afraid to take on the orthodoxies of the left or the right. Team members come up with original insights, find unique ways to look at data, and challenge their preconceptions.
- Results-oriented: People who function with an organizational commitment to clear objectives, ambitious timelines, accountability for results, and a focus on impact.
- Respectful: People who embrace the diverse perspectives of everyone and fosters the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness at all times.
WITHIN 1 MONTH, YOU'LL...
- Participate in Third Way’s comprehensive onboarding program. You’ll learn about all aspects of Business Operations, which include benefits, IT, finance, and office operations.
- Meet your Third Way Buddy, be introduced to the entire staff, and start to learn the TW’s culture.
- Learn our current processes for payroll, compliance, and labor tracking, and how you will partner with Finance and the rest of the Business Operations team on these processes.
- Participate in weekly one-on-ones with your manager to ensure you fully understand the expectations of the job.
- Receive briefings on the status of ongoing and planned marketing and development efforts to learn more about how data is being collected and begin reviewing the systems supporting that work.
- Begin working with the team leads on email marketing and outreach to understand the processes that support our work and begin investigating where there might be opportunities to improve and clarify requirements.
- Attend your departmental weekly meetings. You’ll learn about the key goals of your program, how they’re doing, what challenges they face, and how you will contribute.
WITHIN 2 MONTHS, YOU'LL...
- Gain an understanding of each employee’s role and their contribution to the organization.
- Incorporate TW’s Style Guide and Production process into your work products and processes.
- Participate in, at least, one of our internal Professional Development trainings or a Center for Fun activity.
- Learn and experience TW’s commitment to diversity, inclusion, and respect in the workplace.
- Prepare reports measuring the progress of ongoing campaigns for internal customers.
- Collaborate with the development team to create fields to track data for a new fundraising effort and help guide the process for how colleagues will input the data.
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU'LL…
- Feel a sense of comfort and familiarity with the staff, your team, and your work.
- Continue to attend weekly departmental meetings with a stronger understanding of your team’s strategic goal.
- Bring new ideas and suggestions to your weekly one-on-ones with your manager.
- Attend and participate in external functions with other members of your team.
- Complete your 90-day self-evaluation and performance review with your manager.
- Partner with your manager to establish your long-term goals for the remainder of the year
Third Way is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable laws.