|Published||November 24, 2022|
|Location||St. Louis, MO|
The position will lead the architecture and design of the Financial Services cloud information for Edward Jones. Focused on FSC, The ideal candidate will support the design, development & integration of new technology platforms supporting new Business Segment including Branch, Client and Operational systems. This position will support the strategic firm initiative and contribute in defining and building the solution architecture and integration patterns to support the product roadmap. The role will architect solutions that integrate with core EJ domains and drive enablement of new digital channels and experiences. The role is expected to follow architectural best practices and build scale and efficiencies that enable future business growth.
What You Will Do
As a Senior Solution Architect, you will be responsible for designing and delivery of cloud-based solutions and technologies to support the digital transformation of Future Business Segment. In this role, you will be architecting new capabilities and integrating systems across multi-cloud platforms.
You will be designing solutions efficiently taking into account the core business domains & supporting systems, data and integration flows and non-functional concerns.
You will guide and mentor teams on architecture, design, and integration of business software across multiple product platforms while ensuring solutions are built with performance, scalability and resiliency in mind.
- Drives adaption of architectural patterns, design policies, code quality and performance across initiatives.
- This role entails understanding of Product Teams and Agile methodology and practices, DevOps and continuous delivery practices.
- You will build strong partnerships and relationships with stakeholders in Product Management, UX, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Infrastructure and Security.
- You will work closely with support teams, systems and business leads to promote technical and functional upgrades, enhancements and best practices/industry standards
- This role requires having excellent communication skills, interfacing and communication at all levels of the organization, leading discussions and driving decisions
- Passionate about learning new technologies, industry trends and mentoring others.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Missouri, St. Louis
At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 15,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
In a typical branch office, a financial advisor meets with clients and receives branch office support, so they can focus on building deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis, Tempe and Mississauga provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. We continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Flexible Work Option(s) (Select all that apply)
Awards and Accolades
- 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials in 2022, published Fortune July 2022, Great Places to Work data as of March 2022. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones was recognized as one of the Best Workplaces for Millennials by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. The privately held firm ranked No. 2 overall, in its fourth appearance on the list.
- 2022 Fortune Best Workplaces for Women, published September 2022, research by Great Places to Work, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones has been named to the 2022 Best Workplaces for Women list by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine, ranking No. 45.
- 2022 Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For, published April 2022, research by Great Place to Work, data as of August 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- For the 23rd time, Edward Jones has earned a spot on the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking by Great Places to Work and Fortune magazine. Edward Jones ranked No. 35 on the prestigious 2022 list.
- 2022 Best Places to Work For LGBTQ+ Equality, Great Place to Work in partnership with Human Rights Campaign Foundation, published Equity Magazine January 2022, data as of July 2021. Compensation provided for using, not obtaining, the rating.
- Edward Jones scored 100 percent on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI) the nation's foremost benchmarking survey and report measuring corporate policies and practices related to LGBTQ+ workplace equality. The ranking designated Jones as one of the best places to work for LGBTQ+Equality.
Search Headquarters Positions by Area of Interest
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management Information Systems preferred or related work experience
- 10+ years of experience in designing and building enterprise scale distributed solutions for the financial domain. Preference given to Asset Management, Wealth Management experience
- 5+ years of experience in Salesforce architecture, experience in the design of solutions with the financial services cloud, ideally grown up from a SF development background, able to architect end to end solutions including domain modelling, system design, cloud architectures & integration patterns
- Expert knowledge in building complex screens and workflows using Salesforce UI technologies including Lightening Web Components. Experience with Salesforce coding best practices and code review processes taking maintainability, supportability, extensibility and performance into account.
- Experience with integrating Salesforce with external systems including Platform events, REST API's and bulk data exchange mechanisms
- Experience with monitoring and optimizing Salesforce system and user experience. Deep expertise in triaging Salesforce transactions, event monitoring, expensive system interactions, identifying performance bottlenecks and recommending remediation options
- Practical experience in designing and building Microservices & REST API's. Experience with distributed caching, event-driven and streaming frameworks preferred.
- Experienced in designing and building highly scalable, distributed & secure solutions that run in a cloud environment such as Azure
- Experienced in both relational and non-relational data stores
- Prior experience in one of the following
- Technologies such as Microservices, API Management, Event Streaming, Cloud-Native Patterns, Observability & Performance optimizations
- Data modelling, Master and Operational Data Stores, Data ingestion & distribution patterns, ETL / ELT technologies, Relational and Non-Relational DB's, DB Optimization patterns
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visitourcareersite to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate: