|Date Posted||January 4, 2022|
WHO WE ARE
Come join our Technology Team and start reimagining the future of the automotive aftermarket. We are a highly motivated tech-focused organization, excited to be amid dynamic innovation and transformational change. Driven by Advance’s top-down commitment to empowering our team members, we are focused on delighting our Customers with Care and Speed, through delivery of world class technology solutions and products.
We value and cultivate our culture by seeking to always be collaborative, intellectually curious, fun, open, and diverse. You will be a key member of a growing and passionate group focused on collaborating across business and technology resources to drive forward key programs and projects building enterprise capabilities across Advance Auto Parts.
NOTE: OPEN TO REMOTE WORK WITHIN THE EST/CST ZONES.
The Senior Salesforce Developer will work on Salesforce Solution Designs, Prototypes, Development, and Unit testing for various Salesforce initiatives. The role will engage with Product Managers, Business Stakeholders, Salesforce Admins, and Technical Delivery Teams in tailoring solutions that satisfies Business needs. This position is critical to the day-to-day operations of the CRM Salesforce Team at Advance Auto Parts and its role in driving incremental sales for the company. The successful candidate will thrive in an agile environment, speak up to share ideas, and enjoy delivering upon a clear vision, goals, and stories.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned:
- Act as the development lead on multiple projects from requirements gathering through solution design, build, testing, and deployment
- Translate functional requirements into technical design and develop robust solutions for each planned release
- Responsible for the detailed design of technical solutions, Proof-of-Concepts (POC), prototyping, and documentation of the technical design
- Own the development and delivery of Salesforce features from inception through production implementation
- Lead by example in an agile, DevOps, and CI/CD mindset/culture here at Advance
- Estimate epic and feature sizes using agile relative sizing techniques
- Contribute to overall code quality by performing design and code reviews for fellow developers
- Perform basic and extended unit tests for releases (internal and Salesforce releases)
- Provide level 3 production support (involving appropriate functional teams, when needed)
- Help with triaging and fixing defects for the planned releases and production
- Build and maintain great working relationship with peer teams
- Stay up to date on the latest technology trends in requirements gathering, analysis and documentation and stay informed on the latest technology trends in the industry
- Minimum 5 years of hands-on development experience with Salesforce.com developer toolkit (Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, Lightning Components, Lightning Design System, Visualforce, Force.com IDE, Migration Tool, Web Services, Custom Objects, Wrapper classes, Scheduled/Batch classes, Test classes, Custom Permissions, salesforce.com APIs, SOQL, SOSL, etc.)
- Proficiency with the Salesforce product suite including a combination of Sales, Communities, and Service, as well as the Force.com Platform
- Proficiency with Approval Processes and Validation Rules
- Experience working in an Agile environment with clear communication, transparency, and a collaborative mindset
- Experience with Subversion (SVN), GIT source control, Eclipse or VS code IDEs, branching and merging strategies/conflicts; experience with Bitbucket preferred
- Experience working in a DevOps environment with Jenkins, Maven, Unit Tests, GIT, AWS, etc.
- Experience integrating salesforce with 3rd party systems using SOAP/REST web services and app exchange apps
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results on time and produce high quality deliverables
- Ability to organize and lead technical meetings to achieve a given set objectives
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent projects
- Self-motivated and ability to apply good judgment and decision-making skills
- Strong professionalism, interpersonal, written/verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years’ development experience with Salesforce
- Salesforce Developer and/or Advance Developer Certification required
- This position will not be responsible for managing a team or direct reports.