|Location||Rolling Meadows, IL|
|Date Posted||January 12, 2022|
Gallagher is a global leader in insurance, risk management and consulting services. We help businesses grow, communities thrive and people prosper. We live a culture defined by The Gallagher Way, our set of shared values and guiding tenets. A culture driven by our people, over 30,000 strong, serving our clients with customized solutions that will protect them and fuel their futures.
Gallagher Technology Services (GTS) provides and maintains quality, value-added core and common applications and information management solutions to enable the business strategies of Gallagher and its operating divisions.
The Salesforce Developer will understand the AJG business environment and how Salesforce is being used to align business processes to the force.com platform. Responsibilities include to architect, design, develop, and support new and existing solutions on the AJG Salesforce environments.
This role will act as a Salesforce platform expert and guide AJG to apply best practices and leverage its core capabilities. With a broad background, the developer will be comfortable discussing and demonstrating all aspects of the force.com platform including security and declarative/programmatic extensions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as a Salesforce Application Developer collaborating with customers on the planning, documenting, developing, and implementing of projects.
- Collaborate with the Salesforce Systems Administrator on all projects to determine the optimal technical solutions leveraging the Salesforce platform.
- Provide Salesforce technical leadership for onshore and offshore teams of software and quality engineers.
- Communicate with other team members and internal users regarding project status, technical issues, and creative solutions.
- Work as a member of a project team building new functionality and enhancing existing functionality
- Design, develop, test, document, deploy, and maintain high quality solutions on the Salesforce.com platform.
- Provide insight into AppExchange products and other technologies that may be effectively leveraged for use within AJG
- Communicate and enforces coding standards.
- Perform debugging and issue resolution with new and existing code.
- 5+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years as a Salesforce developer in an enterprise-level environment (1500+ users)
- 5+ years of working knowledge of Visualforce, Apex Code, Force.com.
- 2+ years of development experience with Aura Components / Lightning Web components
- System integration (REST API), including unit test code, and code validation against unit tests.
- 3+ years of experience in SDLC process, agile methodology, including Deployment/Packaging effectively using Metadata API, Change sets and Ant, change control and version management.
- SOQL and Salesforce Data Loader
- Proven strong experience with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud Administration and development building components in the effort to support core business processes.
- Demonstrated functional understanding of CRM
- Experience with the following Salesforce applications: Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Experience Cloud, Answers, Ideas, and Knowledge
- Advanced understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects, junction objects, and other model items
- Salesforce Sales Cloud Consultant Certified
- Salesforce Service Cloud Consultant Certified
- Platform Developer I (PDI) Certified
- Platform Developer II (PDII) Certified
- Experience with enterprise application integration with Salesforce
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organization skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work at a fast pace and cope with conflicting deadlines
- Proven ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Dependable, hardworking, professional, self starter, able to work well with cross functional teams
U.S. Eligibility Requirements
- Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization
- Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement, or the Non-Disclosure and Confidentiality Agreement, which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.